Student Development and Campus Life
Living on campus greatly enhances your experience here at Berkeley College by providing many opportunities to get involved. Campus living is a wonderful and unique experience, a catalyst for personal growth and independence. It provides innumerable opportunities to live with others different from yourself, to become a leader, to improve communication skills, to manage conflict successfully, to make sound decisions, and to broaden your perspective of the world.
As part of the Berkeley College residential community, you will have roommates and floor mates who will become lifelong friends. Every day will teach you about yourself, and who you are, who you want to be, and how you can get there.
Cottage Place and Sussex House
In White Plains, residence facilities are available in Cottage Place and Sussex House.
Cottage Place is a modern six-story building adjacent to the White Plains location— a short walk from classes, the library, the student center, and all sorts of campus activities. The facility features studio apartments with kitchenettes, along with two- and three-bedroom apartments with full kitchens and living rooms. Bright, cheerful, and attractively furnished, each apartment is air-conditioned and wired for voice, data, and cable television.
Sussex House, our newest residence hall, is a one-floor modern and spacious student residence located on the first floor of 99 Church Street. It is comprised of studio and two bedroom apartments. All studio apartments, designed for three people, have the luxury of a full kitchen and one bathroom. The two-bedroom apartments, designed to comfortably fit up to six people, all have full kitchens, living rooms, and two bathrooms. Sussex House is also air-conditioned and wired for voice, cable, and wireless data. On the lower level of Sussex House there is a residence hall lounge which includes a flat screen television, comfortable furniture, games, and vending machines.
Other amenities include overnight security for Cottage Place and 24-hour security for Sussex House, electronic key access, a recreational lounge, vending machines, and laundry facilities. Both facilities are also in walking distance of commuter trains and bus lines.
Choose accommodations that fit your needs!
(Efficiency studios, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom apartments available)
- Efficiency studios feature one bedroom and a bathroom. Cottage Place is equipped with a galley kitchen including a small refrigerator, a two-burner glass top stove, and a microwave. In Sussex House, the studio is equipped with a full kitchen including a full-sized refrigerator, a four-burner glass top stove, and a microwave.
- Two bedroom units include one bathroom in Cottage Place and two in Sussex House, a large kitchen with a full size refrigerator, a four-burner stove, and a spacious living room
- Three bedroom units in Cottage Place include two bathrooms, a large kitchen with a full size refrigerator, a four-burner stove, and a spacious living room.
- Bright, cheerful, and attractively furnished units.
- Air-conditioning, cable, and internet access is available to all apartments.
- Overnight security and laundry facilities.
- Conveniently located in walking distance from many shops and restaurants in downtown White Plains.
To apply for housing at our White Plains campus, download the White Plains Residence Reservation form.
New York City
Numerous non-Berkeley College residence facilities are available in Manhattan and the nearby boroughs. Rates vary according to location and accommodations. Additional information is available at the Admissions Department.
- SDCL Home
- Major Events and Programs
- Clubs and Organizations
- Counseling and Wellness
- Title IX and the Violence Against Women Act
- Disability Services
- Residence Life
- Contact SDCL