Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
Welcome to the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
We are here to serve and assist the Berkeley College student-veteran population.
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs operates six on-site Veterans Resource Centers: The Woodland Park VRC is on the first floor of Building #2, the NYC VRC is on the bottom floor of the 41st Street building, the Newark VRC is in room 125, the Brooklyn VRC is on the fourth floor, the Dover VRC is on the second floor, and the Woodbridge VCR is on the second floor.
Tami Pichardo, Director, Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, works at the Woodland Park and Dover campuses. Lisa Mulligan, Assistant Director and Veterans Advisor, splits her time between the Brooklyn and New York City campuses. Maja Mendez, Coordinator, works at the Newark and Woodbridge campuses.
The Veterans Resource Center provides a location for veterans to receive information about their VA benefits; meet with the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs; socialize with other veterans; and obtain booklets, pamphlets, and other materials about a wide range of veterans benefits and issues.
There is also an Online Veterans Resource Center.
Ryan Davenport '16, CPL/ E-4, U.S. Army
B.B.A., Fashion Merchandising and Management with Minor in International Business
"I chose Berkeley College because the student-to-professor ratio was what I needed."
"I chose Berkeley College because I was impressed by the outstanding Management degree program and the small class size."
Veterans Affairs Work-Study Program
A Berkeley College student-veteran enrolled full-time or 3/4-time in a college degree program who is receiving educational benefits; you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.
- Assists with VA benefits. Facilitates the initial start-up process and distributes forms that a student must have to obtain benefits. Collects any additional material the student submits. Answers questions concerning any additional benefits that the student may receive.
- Assists with VA policies and procedures. Informs students of any VA websites, important phone numbers, publications, etc.
- Refers the students to different departments depending upon the question. If a student has questions or concerns pertaining to advisement or needs counseling, then the peer mentor can refer the student accordingly.
- Works with VA student's folders for filing and intake of any VA forms.
- Works with VA students concerning campus polices and procedures. (For example locations of buildings, questions concerning courses, registration, advisement, etc.).
- Assists in answering phone calls regarding VA questions.
Please send resume to Tami Pichardo, Director, at TMM@BerkeleyCollege.edu.
Dr. Richard Robitaille
Associate Vice President
973-278-5400 ext. 1315
973-278-5400 ext. 4393
Assistant Director and Veterans Advisor
212-986-4343 ext. 1316
973-278-5400 ext. 6118
Call: 1-800-446-5400 ext. WRE
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).