LPN to B.S.N. Admissions Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the College's admissions requirements, candidates must also:
- Provide proof of having completed an accredited Practical Nurse program in the United States, as evidenced by submission of an official practical nursing school transcript.
- Possess an unrestricted active or inactive license as a practical nurse from the United States or a jurisdiction that is an associate member of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) with no active discipline or restrictions on the license.
- Have worked a minimum of 2,080 hours within the last two years as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Employer verification of this employment is required.
- Submit two professional letters of reference, with at least one from a current or recent employer/supervisor.
- Complete a written essay choosing from three different topics.
- Complete a commercially prepared nursing entrance examination and a drug dosage proficiency examination.
The Nursing Department chairperson, or designee, will review all admissions documents to determine student eligibility. Once accepted into the program, applicants will be required to submit a physical assessment by a licensed practitioner. Required immunization and communicable disease history will meet requirements of affiliating agencies as well as New Jersey regulations.
For LPN to B.S.N. program cost information, log onto http://berkeleycollege.edu/admissions_bc/finances.htm. Program statistics are not available since this is a new program.
Register for the HESI Exam:
- Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com/ and select "Student."
- Click on "Register for Distance Testing" under HESI Exams.
- Click the orange “Register for this now” button.
- Click the “Redeem/Checkout” button.
- Enter your personal information into the designated fields and click “Continue.” Your password will require a minimum of seven characters (alpha numeric). Please avoid using any special characters.
- Fill out the section “Tell us about your institution.” The institution name is Berkeley College, and the city is Woodland Park.
- Under "Program Type" choose “Nursing-BSN.”
- Fill in your high school graduation year and click continue.
- There should be a $0.00 dollar balance.
- Read the Registered User Agreement. Click the box next to “Yes, I accept the Registered User Agreement” and then “Submit” in the bottom right hand corner.
- On the Confirmation screen, click “My Account” (to the right of the shopping cart) and then click “Account Settings” to locate your Evolve username.
- Your username and password will be displayed on the screen. An email containing your username and password will be sent to the email address entered on the Personal Information screen.
- Please bring the email containing your username and password with you on the day of the test.