The first step toward many healthcare career options.
The Health Sciences Associate's degree program meets the needs of students who are or will become certified or licensed and who will be employed in health professions. Health Sciences students will be prepared to meet the challenges of today’s complex healthcare environment through a combination of concentration-specific and general coursework. Students are able to select either a Multi-Level Patient Care Technician or Surgical Processing Technician concentration, based on their individual interests and career goals. Regardless of the selected concentration, this program allows students to fully explore the various facets and forms of healthcare organizations and the healthcare industry as a whole. This broad exposure and outlook will prepare students to be successful in a wide variety of healthcare settings.
- A program that provides a strong foundation in the fundamentals of healthcare
- Hands-on learning using modern equipment in simulated healthcare environments
- Courses in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Bioethics and Medical Law
- Opportunities to practice communication and interpersonal skills needed for developing a rapport with colleagues and patients
- Valuable, practical experience through a program-related, faculty-monitored internship
- Liberal Arts and Sciences courses, including a Humanities elective, that provides students with the foundation of skills and knowledge necessary to reason clearly and communicate effectively