Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Readmissions Department?
- The Readmissions Department assists previous Berkeley College students in registering for classes for the upcoming quarter, discusses academic goals with students, and provides resources to students who want to return. Our goal is to help students make a smooth transition back to school.
If I previously attended Berkeley College, whom do I contact about returning for the upcoming quarter?
How soon can I return to school?
- You can return in the next starting term, as long as you are academically and financially eligible.
When do each of the quarters begin?
- The fall quarter begins in September.
- The winter quarter begins in January.
- The spring quarter begins in April.
- The summer quarter begins in July.
How many credits do I need to take to be a full- or part-time student?
- You must take a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 16 credits to be considered a full-time student. If you take fewer than 12 credits, you will be considered a part-time student.
Can I switch my program or major?
- Yes, you may email Readmissions@BerkeleyCollege.edu or call 973-405-2111 ext. 6430 to have a Readmissions Coordinator contact you about the major you are interested in.
Can I transfer to a different location?
- Yes, depending on your major. Not all programs are offered at all locations.
Can I change my degree from an Associate's degree to a Bachelor's degree?
How do I know if I am in good academic standing?
How do I find out if I have a balance due to the school?
- You may email Readmissions@BerkeleyCollege.edu or call 973-405-2111 ext. 6430 and a Readmissions Coordinator will be able to look up your account balance for you.
Will all of the credits I previously earned at the school still be valid?
- This may vary, depending on the course(s) and what year credits were completed. Email Readmissions@BerkeleyCollege.edu or call 973-405-2111 ext. 6430 so a Readmissions Coordinator can look up your transcript and review this with you.
Are there any fees associated with reapplying to school to finish a program?
- No, if you previously attended Berkeley College, there are no application fees. To begin the process, simply email Readmissions@BerkeleyCollege.edu, call 973-405-2111 ext. 6430, or fill out the Readmissions Request and a Readmissions Coordinator will contact you.
I have a busy schedule and I don’t have time to take classes on location. Is there a way for me to complete my degree by taking all of my classes online?
- Many of Berkeley’s Bachelor’s and Associate’s programs are available entirely online. Our online courses offer you maximum flexibility and convenience. Log onto courses with a PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from any location where Internet access is available and permitted by law, and work at your own pace to complete weekly course assignments. Click here for a list of degree programs offered entirely online.