Berkeley College empowers students to achieve professional and personal success in dynamic careers and in a diverse global society by providing a comprehensive and supportive educational experience, fostering academic integrity, and encouraging lifelong learning.
In achieving our Mission, Berkeley College is guided by core values.
Teaching and Learning
- We recognize and respond to student needs through one-on-one attention, small classes, and services focusing on our students as individuals.
- We begin our students’ education at their level of preparedness, by providing quality learning experiences that lead to success.
- We focus our efforts on career preparation and emphasize the practical applications of learning in order to build a bridge to employers.
- We promote the liberal arts as an integral part of a collegiate curriculum.
The College Environment
- We believe that every associate at Berkeley is an educator.
- We are committed to attracting a diverse student population and to promoting the academic and career success of each student.
- We create a sense of community for our students to enhance their educational experience.
- We develop students’ interpersonal skills critical to personal and workplace success, such as self-management, leadership, integrity, and social communication.
The Larger Berkeley Community
- We embrace diversity and inclusiveness as critical to the educational environment and continuously work to enhance it.
- We engage and collaborate with employers to provide educated, ethical, and responsible leaders for a global society.
- We are responsible and constructive members of the global community, and we encourage students and associates to do the same.
- Develop, support, and deliver curricula, programs, and services designed to prepare our students for professional and personal success.
- Attract, develop, and retain a diverse student population and promote its success.
- Attract, develop, and retain highly qualified, diverse faculty and staff who are committed to our mission.
- Ensure our programs and services are continually relevant to the markets we serve.
- Ensure facilities and operations support our College's current needs and anticipated growth.
- Proactively position our College to communicate its value and benefits and build this identity and image among our many constituencies.
- Ensure a sound fiscal environment for our College and our students.