Public Safety Department
Berk-Alert is Berkeley College's mass notification system. Prior to or during an emergency situation, Berkeley College will notify students, faculty, staff, and others via text messaging, emails, cell phones, and home and business phones of any pending emergency.
The Berk-Alert emergency notification service allows Berkeley College to record, schedule, and send personalized voice and text messages to students, faculty, staff, and parents with one phone call. This allows us to reach everyone at a moment's notice should an emergency arise. The system can also send messages to a particular group. For example, calls may be directed only to campuses affected by an emergency.
Your contact information must be current in order for us to reach you in the event of an emergency. Log into Blackboard and access the Self-Service tab to update your contact information.
Instructions for Updating Your Contact Information - Students
Instructions for Updating Your Contact Information - Faculty and Staff
If you have any questions regarding the Berk-Alert service, please contact the Help Desk, 973-278-5400, ext. 1540, helpdesk@BerkeleyCollege.edu.
Important Message Delivery Notes:
- When you receive a call from Berk-Alert, your caller ID will display 1-800-446-5400.
- When you receive a text message from Berk-Alert, the 'sent from' number will be 23177.
- When you receive an email message from Berk-Alert, the 'sent from' address will be BerkAlert@BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- When listening to a message, please be aware that background noise will cause the system to stop and start. It is calibrated very delicately to determine whether a person or an answering machine has answered the phone, and background noise may affect the delivery. If possible, move to a quiet area or press the "mute" button on your phone.
- If you missed any part of the message, please stay on the line and press * (star) to hear the message again.