Health Services Management
Help manage the business of health.
The healthcare field is one of the fastest-growing industries. Berkeley College offers degree programs to prepare students with the important business and technology skills needed for positions in administration, management, and more. A range of curricula explores the operations and challenges of various types and sizes of organizations delivering and supporting health services. Graduates may pursue positions with hospitals, physicians’ offices, clinics, rehabilitation centers, long-term care facilities, and numerous other types of healthcare-related facilities.
Faculty members in this program are selected for both academic excellence and relevant professional experience in healthcare administration and management. They combine firsthand knowledge and know-how with classroom instruction to help prepare students to enter this in-demand field.
- Curricula that focus on the structure and dynamics of the healthcare industry
- An exploration of the role and contributions of hospitals, rehabilitation centers, long-term care facilities, and practitioners
- Opportunities for student interactions with healthcare providers and private and governmental funding agencies
- An emphasis on technology and specialized software to collect, process, and use information essential to the industry and its clients
- The development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to produce and present effective oral and written forms of communication
- Valuable, practical experience through program-related, faculty-monitored internships or job-related assignments
- A seamless transition between Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees