The objectives of the LPN to B.S.N. program are based upon the mission of the institution, the philosophy of the program, directives of the Institute of Medicine, and the needs of the public. The objectives of the LPN to B.S.N. program are to:
- Prepare graduates as professional nurse generalists with knowledge and skills to provide safe and
high qualitycare for patients (including families, groups, and communities) in a variety of settings and across the lifespan.
- Provide graduates with the most current knowledge and skills recommended by federal
healthcareagencies, nursing experts, and professional nursing organizations.
- Facilitate career mobility, as well as personal and professional growth, for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Prepare graduates for success on the NLCEX-RN exam for entry into professional nursing practice.
- Contribute to meeting healthcare needs of the community through care by baccalaureate-prepared professional nurses.
- Facilitate the development of a diverse baccalaureate-prepared nursing workforce.
- Prepare graduates for success in career advancement and graduate study.