The goals of the LPN to B.S.N. degree program are to:
- Educate qualified women and men to become professional nurses and provide care to patients within the defined Scope of Practice for Professional Nurses by the American Nurses Association.
- Prepare students to meet the expectations and demands of the current healthcare workforce by working collaboratively with clinical healthcare providers and other communities of interest to ensure a smooth transition from the classroom to the healthcare workforce environment.
- Provide the basis for higher education in nursing for all who desire it.
- Respond to community needs by preparing skilled professional practitioners.
- Provide a course of study at the college level to qualify students who wish to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Provide the LPN to B.S.N. nursing program curriculum as an academic pathway for Practical Nurses to develop and transition to Professional Nursing.