Upon completion of the program the graduate is prepared to:
- Demonstrate professional behaviors of accountability and professionalism according to the legal and ethical standards for a competent Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Effectively communicate with patients, significant support system, and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team incorporating interpersonal and therapeutic communication skills.
- Collect holistic assessment data from multiple sources, communicate the data to appropriate healthcare providers, and document client responses to interventions.
- Collaborate with the registered nurse or other members of the healthcare team to organize and incorporate assessment data to plan/revise patient care and actions based on established nursing diagnoses, nursing protocols, and assessment and evaluation data.
- Demonstrate a caring and empathic approach to the safe, therapeutic, and individualized care of each client.
- Perform basic nursing skills utilizing the nursing process.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in formulating positive conclusions as they relate to nursing practice.