The goals of the Practical Nurse program are to:
- Educate qualified women and men to assist the professional nurse in the care of patients within the scope and limitations indicated by the accepted definition of the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Prepare students to meet the expectations and demands of the current healthcare workforce by working collaboratively with clinical healthcare providers and other communities of interest to ensure a smooth transition from the classroom to the real-world healthcare environment.
- Provide the basis for higher education in nursing for all who desire it.
- Respond to community needs by preparing skilled practitioners.
- Provide a course of study at the college level to qualify students who wish to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN).
- Provide the practical nursing program curriculum as an academic entry point on the nursing career ladder.