A friendly community spirit and an environment that fosters a constant exchange of ideas distinguish the residence experience at Berkeley College.
White Plains: Cottage Place and Sussex House
In White Plains, residence facilities are available in Cottage Place and Sussex House.
Cottage Place is a modern six-story building adjacent to the White Plains campus— a short walk from classes, the library, the student center, and all sorts of campus activities. The facility features studio apartments with kitchenettes, along with two- and three-bedroom apartments with full kitchens and living rooms. Bright, cheerful, and attractively furnished, each apartment is air-conditioned and wired for voice, data, and cable television.
Sussex House is a one-floor modern and spacious student residence located on the first floor of 99 Church Street. It is comprised of studio and two-bedroom apartments. All studio apartments, designed for three to four students, have a full kitchen and one bathroom. The two-bedroom apartments, designed to comfortably fit up to six people, have full kitchens, living rooms, and two bathrooms. Sussex House is also air-conditioned and wired for voice, cable, and wireless data. On the lower level of Sussex House, there is a residence hall lounge that has flat screen televisions, comfortable furniture, game tables, and vending machines.
Other amenities include overnight security for Cottage Place and 24-hour security for Sussex House, electronic key access, a recreational lounge, vending machines, and laundry facilities. Both facilities are also in walking distance of commuter trains and bus lines.
Choose accommodations that fit your needs!
Efficiency studios, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom apartments are available.
- Efficiency studios have one bedroom and a bathroom. Studios in Cottage Place have a galley kitchen consisting of a small refrigerator, a two-burner glass top stove, and a microwave. In Sussex House, studios have full kitchens with a full-sized refrigerator, a four-burner glass top stove, and a microwave.
- Two-bedroom units have one bathroom in Cottage Place and two in Sussex House, a large kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, a four-burner stove, and a spacious living room.
- Three-bedroom units in Cottage Place have two bathrooms, a large kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, a four-burner stove, and a spacious living room.
- Bright, cheerful, and attractively furnished units.
- Air-conditioning, cable, and Internet access is available to all apartments.
- 24/7 security and laundry facilities.
- Professional Residential Life staff and student Resident Assistants live on-site to support students.
- Conveniently located within walking distance from many shops and restaurants in downtown White Plains.
To apply for housing at the White Plains campus, download the White Plains Residence Reservation.
New York City
Numerous residence facilities are available in Manhattan and the nearby boroughs. Rates vary according to location and accommodations. Additional information is available at the Admissions Department.