New York Campuses
New York City Midtown Manhattan
New Jersey Campuses
Berkeley College Online®
Berkeley College empowers students to achieve lifelong success in dynamic careers.
Berkeley College admits students on a semester basis for the fall, winter, and spring terms.
Over 7,100 students (more than 440 international students, representing nearly 75 countries)
2% Master's degrees
55% Bachelor's degrees
36% Associate's degrees
Top programs of study
(Bachelor’s degree only): Management; Justice Studies – Criminal Justice; Health Services Management; Fashion Merchandising and Management; Accounting; General Business; Marketing Communications; Information Technology Management; International Business; Legal Studies; Graphic Design; Interior Design (B.F.A.); Financial Services; LPN to B.S. in Nursing
Top programs of study
(Associate’s degree only): Justice Studies – Criminal Justice; Management; Health Services Administration; Fashion Merchandising and Management; Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding; Surgical Technology; Information Technology Management; Marketing Communications; Accounting; Legal Studies; Health Sciences; International Business; Medical Assistant; Interior Design; Financial Services
*As of fall 2017. Due to rounding, total may not equal 100%.
Ethnicity: 30% Hispanic, 22% African-American, 9% Caucasian, 2% Asian, 36% Other or unknown
Gender: 68% Female, 32% Male
Age: 41% 22 and under, 59% 23 and above
Ethnicity: 29% Hispanic, 26% African-American, 22% Caucasian, 3% Asian, 19% Other or unknown
Gender: 72% Female, 28% Male
Age: 2% 22 and under, 37% 23 to 29, 34% 30 to 39, 28% 40 and above
Fashion Merchandising and Management
Health Services Management
Information Technology Management
Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
Nursing (LPN to B.S.N.)
Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
Patient Care Technician
Surgical Processing Technician
Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Associate in Science (A.S.)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
B.B.A. to M.B.A. Combined Degree Option
Qualified students have the option to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) and a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management within four years.
Larry L. Luing School of Business®
School of Health Studies
School of Professional Studies
School of Liberal Arts
School of Graduate Studies
Berkeley College Institutional Aid
More than $59 million in Berkeley College institutional aid was provided to qualified students during the 2016-2017 award year.
Berkeley College Achievement Award
Berkeley College Alumni Legacy Scholarship
Berkeley College Honors Scholarship
Berkeley College Grant
Berkeley College TAP Grant (NY only)
Berkeley College Challenge Program
Berkeley College International Grant
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
Berkeley College Presidential Scholarship
Berkeley College Law Enforcement Scholarship
Berkeley College Transfer Opportunity Program (T.O.P. Scholars)
Berkeley College Active Military Grant
Berkeley College DECA/FBLA/HOSA
Berkeley College Distinction Scholarship
Berkeley College International Honors Scholarship
Berkeley College International Achievement Award
Yellow Ribbon Grant
Federal Pell Grant
Federal Direct Base Stafford Loan (FDSL)
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (FDUSL)
Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (FDPLUS)
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Aid to Native Americans
Social Security Benefits
In the 2017 award year, 65.8% of full-time enrolled students received Federal Pell Grants.
New York State
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Regents Award for Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans
Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
NYS Native American Education
New Jersey State
Tuition Aid Grant (TAG)
Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship II (STARS II)
Garden State Urban Scholarship Program (renewals only)
Garden State Bloustein Distinguished Scholars Program (renewals only)
- Best Online Bachelor’s Programs, 2014-2017 – U.S. News & World Report.
- Berkeley College Online® was one of the first college or university online programs worldwide to be certified for excellence by the United States Distance Learning Association.
- More than 3,000 students enrolled in at least one online class in fall 2017.
- Eighteen percent of students enrolled in fall 2017 are earning their undergraduate degrees entirely through Berkeley College Online®.
- Sixty-nine percent of students in the School of Graduate Studies
arepursuing a Master of Business Administration in Management degree online.
Berkeley College has a longstanding commitment to the welfare and success of military students, veterans, and their families. Berkeley College supports the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill and is a member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Berkeley College also has partnered with the Department of Defense for all Military Tuition Assistance programs and operates Veterans Resource Centers at five campuses and online.
Berkeley College also adheres to the terms of Executive Order 13607, The Principles of Excellence, and supports the United States Department of Education's 8 Keys to Veterans' Success.
Berkeley College students have access to a wide range of career-oriented academic programs, computer training, Library Services, Centers for Academic Success, Academic Advisement, Career Services, and a Student Development and Campus Life Department.
Berkeley College provides full-time students opportunities to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Berkeley College is a member of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) and the Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (HVIAC).
Berkeley College students benefit from faculty-monitored internships, practicums, or job-related assignments prior to graduation. The Career Services Department assists students in securing full-time or part-time employment and volunteer opportunities. Career counselors are available in each major to help students with resume writing and interview coaching, preparation, and scheduling. Berkeley College hosts career fairs and campus recruitment days throughout the year. Berkeley College graduates are eligible for lifetime career assistance.^
Accreditations and Approvals
Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 267-284-5000. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Berkeley College is authorized by the Secretary of Higher Education of the State of New Jersey to offer programs in New Jersey leading to the degrees of Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.).
Berkeley College also offers Certificate programs.
Berkeley College is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to offer programs in New York leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.).
All Berkeley College programs of study are approved for veterans and their eligible dependents under the GI Bill, and Berkeley College is an approved participant
Programs offered through the Larry L. Luing School of Business® are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education, 11374 Strang Lane Road, Lexexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iabce.org.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, 206 Grandville Avenue SW #350, Grand Rapids, MI 49503; 616-458-0400; www.accredit-id.org.
The Practical Nurse program is approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, 124 Halsey Street, Newark, NJ 07102; 973-504-6430; www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/nur/Pages/default.aspx.
The Medical Assistant certificate program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 5400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763; 727-210-2350; www.caahep.org, upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
The Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 5400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763; 727-210-2350; www.caahep.org, upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
Berkeley College Online® has been awarded USDLA/Quality Standards certification by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
Online programs are subject to regulation by New Jersey and/or New York, as well as by the state of each student’s residence.
Approval documents are available for review upon request to the Provost’s Office.
Awards and Recognition
- Top 1% in Overall Mobility Index – New York; Top 4% – New Jersey, 2017 – The Equality of Opportunity Project
- Best Online Bachelor's Programs, 2014-2017 - U.S. News & World Report (top 100, 2015-2016)
- Open Doors Report, 2015-2016, Berkeley College – New York ranked 8th in international student enrollment under “Special Focus” institutions
- Return on Investment (ROI), 2013 – The ROI of a degree from Berkeley College – New York outperformed 96 percent of U.S. colleges and universities in a study by PayScale, Inc.
- USDLA Quality Standards Certification, 2013 - United States Distance Learning Association
- Best Online Programs for Veterans, 2014-2017 - U.S. News & World Report
- Military Friendly® Top 10 Nontraditional School 2017 - Victory Media
- Military Friendly® Top 10 Military Spouse School, 2017 - Victory Media
- Best for Vets: Four-year Colleges, 2013-2017 - Military Times
- Best of the Best, 2014-2015 and 2017 - U.S. Veterans Magazine
- Military Friendly School, 2010-2014 and 2016 - G.I. Jobs
- Military Friendly School, 2010-2014 - Military Advanced Education
- Best for Vets, Online and Nontraditional 2013 - Military Times
Service / Community
- Partnership in Caring Award, 2018 - Healing the Children® New Jersey (HTCNJ)
- Companies that Care Award for 85 Acts of Kindness, 2017 - Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ)
- Champion of Good Works Award, 2015-2016 - Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ)
- Great Oak Awards Finalist, 2015-2017 - New Jersey Monthly
- President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, 2014 (New York), 2015 (New York and New Jersey)
- Patriot Award, 2014 - Office of the Secretary of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- Impressive Good Works Award, 2014 - Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ)
- Harold Fitzpatrick Community Leadership Award, 2012 - African-American Men of Westchester and The Business Council of Westchester
- Hall of Fame, 2011 - Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk to Cure Diabetes
- Best Practices, Career Services, 2017 - Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Best Practices, Leadership Berkeley, 2016 - Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ)
- Best Places to Work in New Jersey, 2005-2008, 2010-2013 - NJBIZ
- Best Companies to Work for in New York State (NYS), 2008, 2010-2011 - NYS Society for Human Resource Management and the Best Companies Group
*As of fall 2017. For more information about Berkeley College graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed programs, and other important disclosures, please visit BerkeleyCollege.edu/disclosures.
**Not all programs and courses are offered at all campuses. Students may be required to take some courses at another campus or online.
^While the college is in operation