Berkeley Today Stories
Scholarships can help you get your college education funded and put you on a path to real career advancement.
Scholarships for 2017
Many students and families are concerned about financing a college education. Fortunately, Berkeley offers many scholarship and grant opportunities to students who qualify. Scholarships and grants provide money to be used for attending school and do not have to be paid back. Other forms of financial aid—such as student loans—can be used to help pay for college and do need to be repaid with interest.
In addition to federal and state financial aid, more than $59 million in Berkeley College institutional aid was provided to qualified students during the 2016-2017 award year. These grants and scholarships include:
• Berkeley College Achievement Award
• Berkeley College Alumni Legacy Scholarship
• Berkeley College Honors Scholarship
• Berkeley College Grant
• Berkeley College TAP Grant (NY only)
• Berkeley College Challenge Program
• Berkeley College International Grant
• Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
• Berkeley College Presidential Scholarship
• Berkeley College Law Enforcement Scholarship
• Berkeley College Transfer Opportunity Program (T.O.P. Scholars)
• Berkeley College Active Military Grant
• Yellow Ribbon Grant
More detailed information about these scholarships can be found in the Berkeley College Catalog, available on our website.
Many private scholarships are also available. Students should investigate all possible scholarship opportunities to get the maximum amount of aid for which they are eligible. Websites such as Fastweb are another way to research and explore scholarship opportunities.