Learn the art and science of managing a company's finances.
Accounting professionals are critical to the success of virtually every company and organization. At Berkeley College, degree programs cover varying levels of accounting theory and practical knowledge, preparing students with the skills and qualifications necessary to enter the professional world.
The Accounting program at Berkeley College is designed to prepare students for a range of career opportunities with accounting firms, public and private companies, and numerous other types of organizations. Participation in student chapters of professional associations, student clubs, and alumni interaction can help students make important industry connections.
- Understanding financial and managerial accounting theory and applying that knowledge in a business environment
- The development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills in business settings
- Mastering the technology used by accounting professionals, including the creation and management of spreadsheets, databases, and more
- Hands-on learning from instructors chosen for academic excellence as well as relevant professional experience
- A baccalaureate program that contributes to preparing students for the rigorous Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam
- Participation in a capstone course designed to put theory into practice
- Valuable, practical experience through program-related, faculty-monitored internships or job-related assignments
- A seamless transition between Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees