Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
Keeping a healthy bottom line for healthcare organizations.
Managing vast amounts of medical insurance and billing information is critical to the success of any healthcare organization. Berkeley College offers degree and certificate programs to prepare students with the important business and technology skills needed for positions in medical insurance, billing, and coding. Courses provide students with the required knowledge and skills to become nationally certified.
Graduates of the Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (MIBC) degree and certification programs are eligible to participate in field-specific certification examinations.
Although certification is not required to work in most states, employers prefer to hire certified Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding graduates.
Faculty members in this program are selected for both academic excellence and relevant professional experience. They combine firsthand knowledge with teaching experience to help prepare students to enter this in-demand field.
- Curricula that focus on the structure and dynamics of the healthcare industry
- An emphasis on technology and specialized software to collect, process, and use information essential to the healthcare industry and its clients
- Training in communications between healthcare providers and private and governmental funding agencies
- Valuable, practical experience through program-related, faculty-monitored internships or job-related assignments if enrolled in the Associate’s degree program
- A seamless transition between the Certificate and Associate's degree programs
- A.A.S., Health Services Administration - Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
- Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding Certificate