General Information

Public Safety Department

The Berkeley College Public Safety Department works continuously to maintain a safe environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. All members of the Berkeley community are encouraged to join in maintaining safe and pleasant places to learn, live, and work.

Students can help in several ways:

  • Be aware of surroundings
  • Do not leave belongings unattended
  • Report unusual or suspicious behavior
  • In the event of an emergency, contact local police (911), security officer, or campus operating officer
  • For further assistance, dial “0” from any campus phone


On-campus parking is available for students at the Woodland Park campus. Parking permits, which may be obtained at registration at the Student Development and Campus Life Department, are required and must be displayed in the vehicles. Please note that general parking is prohibited in areas reserved for the handicapped or for visitors, faculty, or staff.

The College is not responsible for theft of or damage to vehicles or their contents. It is suggested that you remove anything of special value, such as laptops, from your car or lock them in the trunk while parked on campus.

Food Service

Woodland Park has a cafe located in the atrium in the Renaissance Hall building. A variety of hot and cold foods, snacks, and beverages are available throughout the day.

Fire Drill Procedures

Fire drills are held several times during the year for your protection. Please familiarize yourself with the detailed instructions posted in classrooms.


The College does not carry insurance on students' belongings and is not responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Students should arrange for adequate coverage on personal policies.

Contact Information

Contact information for students must be current. Students can change their addresses, as well as cell or home telephone numbers, through the Self-Service icon on Engage. To change a student’s name in the College’s records, the student must present legal documentation of the new name to the Office of the Registrar with a request to modify the name under which the student originally enrolled.


Prior to or during an emergency situation, the College may utilize BerkAlert to notify students of any pending emergency via text messaging and email. Contact information for students must be current in order for them to be reached in the event of an emergency. Students must access the Student Self-Service tab on Engage to update their contact information.

The Berkeley Store

School supplies and a selection of Berkeley College apparel and merchandise are available on the online Berkeley Store and an on-site store on the Woodland Park campus. Students may shop online and have their orders shipped to any Berkeley College campus for pickup at no extra charge. The Berkeley Store hours are posted on its website.

Most courses use eTexts and do not require traditional textbooks. If a traditional textbook is required for a course, the information, including course requirements, pricing, International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN), and available textbook options may be found on the Berkeley Store's website. Textbooks are generally available two weeks before the start of each semester.

When the program tuition and fees includes books and supplies, students have the option of purchasing any required traditional textbooks and supplies from another source, as long as they meet the requirements for the course. In order to receive a credit for textbooks/supplies that are purchased from another source, a student must request a waiver from the Department Chair who will determine the appropriateness of the items. If approved, the Chair will forward that information to the Berkeley Store to verify that the items distributed by the College have been returned, and the waiver will be forwarded to the Student Accounts Department so that a credit can be applied to the student’s account.

Students with financial aid credit may charge required course supplies other than books against the funds by submitting a signed "Transfer of Funds Request" form to the Student Accounts Department.