Military and Veteran Students

Veterans, servicemembers, and their family members may be eligible for education benefits through the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs. These benefits are separate from and in addition to any federal, state, and/or institutional aid the student may be eligible to receive.

For more information, contact the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs or visit the Online Veterans Resource Center.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Berkeley College abides by the requirements established in Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018. As such, the College shall not penalize those students who are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® or Veteran Readiness & Employment (chapter 31), but for whom payment is pending from the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, while the College is waiting to receive these VA funds, students will have access to the full range of College resources and student services, both onsite and online, so long as the student has otherwise fulfilled all other commitments to the College and their education. Moreover, while the College waits to receive these VA funds, we shall not place any holds, or prevent students from attending classes or enrolling in the upcoming semester; nor shall we create any late payment fees, or require students to secure alternative or additional funding.

To meet the requirements of this statement, students must provide Berkeley College with a Certificate of Eligibility, or a summary of educational benefits from eBenefits. Chapter 31 students may obtain a VA Form 1905, or a PO from the assigned case manager. This must be done by the first day of class. In addition, the College must receive the student’s request for certification of benefits through the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, as well as any other required information essential to the certification process. First-term students must sign the Veterans Billing Agreement.