Program outcomes for the LPN to B.S.N. program have been developed based upon College outcomes and professional nursing guidelines. The LPN to B.S.N. program outcomes express the competencies required for successful completion of the program and entry into practice, and are:
- The graduate nurse integrates professional written and oral communication skills into a collaboratively developed plan of care with patients, peers, and the inter-professional team.
- The graduate nurse creates a plan of care based on evidence, incorporating professional ethics and knowledge from a variety of sources, including the liberal arts and sciences.
- The graduate nurse integrates transcultural nursing concepts and global awareness into the plan of care for health promotion and disease prevention among individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations throughout the lifespan and across settings.
- The graduate nurse incorporates skills and knowledge of leadership, management, healthcare policy, and economics into the provision of safe and high quality nursing care.
- The graduate nurse formulates a plan for lifelong learning, including technological knowledge and skills for safe practice.