The outcomes of the Practical Nurse program are to prepare graduates to:
- Perform basic nursing skills utilizing the nursing process, operationalizing the skills and knowledge acquired in working with culturally and ethnically diverse clients.
- Conduct themselves in an appropriate manner as defined within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Apply the principles of leadership in a variety of healthcare settings within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for own professional action and growth and facilitate the professional growth of others.
- Impart knowledge in areas of prevention of disease, maintenance of well-being, and adaptation of illness.
- Use technology in a competent, caring, and safe manner in the delivery of nursing service.
- Utilize effective communication skills in interviewing, observing, reporting, and recording while interacting and developing therapeutic relationships with individuals, families, and communities.
- Pass the NCLEX-PN licensure examination.