Berkeley College Online Fast Facts
Berkeley College Online®
One of the first college or university online programs worldwide to be certified for excellence by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) has awarded USDLA/Quality Standards certification to Berkeley College Online.
As the first and only online program in New York and New Jersey to achieve this status, USDLA/QS certification places Berkeley College Online among an elite group of institutions recognized for excellence in distance learning. Institutions that receive USDLA/QS certification have been evaluated using 124 standards, organized into the following areas:
- Administration, leadership, and management
- Student affairs
- Teaching and learning
- Learning infrastructure
Berkeley College Online is proud to have achieved USDLA/QS certification and remains committed to providing outstanding career-focused distance learning.
- Berkeley College first began offering accredited online degrees in 2003. Number of students enrolled in these programs in 2003 – 49; in Fall 2014 – 1,159 students.
- Number of Berkeley College students enrolled to take at least one online class in Fall 2014 – more than 2,700 students.
- The Online Faculty Training Program, a robust, quarter-long workshop, was developed for faculty who endeavor to teach online. An online course, Road to Success in Online Learning, paves the way for success for students prior to taking online classes.
- Number of online courses at Berkeley College in 2007 – 50; in 2014 – 168 courses, more than 280 sections, 171 faculty teaching online courses.
- At Berkeley College Online students have access to the same support services as students who attend on site, i.e., Advisement, Library, Academic Support Center, and Career Services.
- Online campus life experiences include online clubs, social media engagement, wellness and personal development programs, and workshops focusing on student success.
- Berkeley College Online attracts a diverse student body comprised of working parents, grandparents, young adults managing work and studies, and men and women actively serving in the military.
- 37% of students are ages 23 to 29; 30% are 30 to 39 years of age; and 17% are age 40 and older.
- 72% of Berkeley College Online students are enrolled full-time.
- 78% are pursuing Baccalaureate degrees.
- 78% of Berkeley College Online students are female; among all students 67% are female.
- Fall 2014 top Berkeley College Online programs by enrollment:
- Baccalaureate Degree programs: Management, Health Services Management, Justice Studies – Criminal Justice, General Business, and Fashion Merchandising and Management, followed by Accounting and Legal Studies.
- Associate Degree programs: Management, Health Services Administration – Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding, Justice Studies – Criminal Justice, Fashion Merchandising and Management, and Health Services Administration, followed by Accounting, Marketing Communication, and International Business.