Faculty Scholarship - Larry L. Luing School of Business®
- Laura Altomonte, CPA, CGMA, Online Chair, served as a panelist at the 2016 Distance Learning Symposium at the Woodland Park campus as part of National Distance Learning Week.
Samuel Lloyd, DPS, Associate Online Chair, published his first novel, entitled Curious Bonds, in early 2016.
Rosemarie McLaughlin, CPA, M.B.A., Associate Online Chair, was the recipient of the Innovation in Online Teaching Award at the Faculty of the Year Dinner held in November, 2016.
Rob Freeborough, PhD, M.B.A., SPHR, Associate Online Chair, is working through the process of receiving the first Quality Matters (QM) Certification in the School of Business for his Sales and Customer Service Management class.
Faculty Scholarship - School of Health Studies
- Kelly Berge, MSHA, CCS-P, CPC, CBCS, Chair, Online, Health Studies and Medical Billing and Coding; and Assoc. Chair, Online, Health Services, LLL School of Business, obtained her certification from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) local chapter for Woodland Park. AAPC chapter meetings and exams may now be proctored at the Woodland Park Campus, for both Berkeley and non-Berkeley students sitting for a certification exam.
- Shelley Safian, Ph.D., Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding, is a co-author of “The Value of In-Person Exam Preparation Workshops in Obtaining an AHIMA Credential,” which was published in Educational Perspectives in Health Informatics and Information Management. She is also the author of “Get to Know ICD-10-PCS’s New Technology Codes,” which was published in Just Coding in November 2015.
Faculty Scholarship - School of Liberal Arts
- In support of National Distance Learning Week (NDLW), Roseann Torsiello, Ed.D, Online Chair, and Barbara Monaghan, Online Associate Chair, presented the webinar, “Align & Redesign," in November, 2016.
- Hugo Walter, Ph.D., gave a lecture on Agatha Christie and led a book club discussion on Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express at Princeton Windrows in Plainsboro, New Jersey. He is a Series Editor for the scholarly monograph series "Studies on Themes and Motifs in Literature" at Peter Lang Publishing.
- Mary Jane Clerkin, DA, is currently serving on the Program Committee of the IFWE USDLA 2016 Conference.
- Richard Schultz, Ph.D., Chair, Liberal Arts, Hugo Walter, and Mary Jane Clerkin presented with Instructional Designers on "The Importance of Learning Objects in Distance Education" at the 4th Annual CCRWT Conference at Berkeley in October, 2016.
Faculty Scholarship - School of Professional Studies
- Marisol Abuin, J.D., Online Chair, and Chair, Berkeley College Faculty Technology Review Committee, has been honored by The YWCA of the City of New York in its Academy of Women Leaders, Class of 2016, for her dedication to her students and passion for excellence in teaching and learning.
- Deborah Ranges, J.D., has been appointed as Associate Chair, Online for the School of Professional Studies commencing Fall, 2016. She recently attended two New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education seminars, The Right to Privacy Law and the 2016 Criminal Law College - Handling a Criminal Case from Arraignment to Appeal.