In this program, students hone their math, study, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. In addition to challenging them intellectually, Bridge to Success provides an early introduction to the expectations and culture of college life.
Bridge to Success was designed to help ease the adjustment to college life for students with scores of 40 or below on the Math section of the Accuplacer exam. The purpose is to help them build a foundation for academic success during their degree program at Berkeley. There is no tuition cost for this program when taken prior to the beginning of the first quarter of study at Berkeley.
This rigorous, five-week program incorporates in-class sessions on key topics from:
- Arithmetic, algebra, and descriptive statistics
- Online and on-site skills workshops
- Peer-led small group sessions
In addition, Bridge to Success helps students to:
- Become familiar with the facilities at their Berkeley location
- Get the most from available resources, such as the Academic Support Center (ASC), library, Student Development and Academic Advisement offices, and more
- Build a supportive network of faculty, staff, and peers that extends throughout their tenure at Berkeley
The Bridge to Success program will be labeled BTS090 Bridge to Success on the student's transcript. If a student earns a grade of C or better, he or she will be given credit for DED099 Transitional Math. If a student fails to earn a passing grade in two attempts, he or she will not be able to enroll at Berkeley.