A Memorable Trip to Hill Day in D.C.

My name is Roscely Medina and I am majoring in Business Management at Berkeley College in Paramus. I am on track to graduate in the Spring of 2020! I recently received the opportunity to go to Washington D.C, to meet congressmen and congresswomen from New York and New Jersey, as well as senators. The reason why I was chosen is because I am the Student Government Association President. I represent any issues or concerns and advocate for students with anything they need so they can have a successful experience at Berkeley College. I have also excelled academically with a 4.0 GPA. In addition, I have been working as a student aid in the Admissions Department which allowed me to speak for the students at Washington, D.C.

56157876_10156811904781999_4193706101897691136_n

While meeting each Congressman and Congresswoman, it gave me a reason to be a proud Berkeley student because of the support we have to continue our education. Bill Pascrell is a Congressman who represents the 9th Congressional District of New Jersey. Meeting him was an honor because he helps many students like myself to receive federal grants. During our meeting, I spoke about my background and journey at college, as well why Berkeley is a good school. I was also able to thank congressman Pascrell for the grants. I also met Senator Menendez (the representative for New Jersey, U.S. Senator) as well as many legislative aids. The person who stood out the most to me was Bill Pascrell because he is my representative. Meeting him was a great moment because he is a very good man who cares about his community, and higher education.

56119737_10156811905011999_5409232230927040512_n.jpg

I couldn't’t be more thankful for this opportunity, that I will forever hold in my heart. As a first-generation college student, I would have never expected this opportunity. Thank you to Berkeley College for pushing me and seeing the better version of myself!