Welcome to the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs

We are here to serve and assist the Berkeley College student-veteran population.

The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs operates six on-site Veterans Resource Centers: The Woodland Park VRC is on the first floor of Building #2, the NYC VRC is on the bottom floor of the 41st Street building, the Newark VRC is in room 125, and the Woodbridge VRC is on the lower level. Additionally there is also an Online Veterans Resource Center.

The Veterans Resource Centers provide a location for veterans and family members to receive information about their VA benefits; meet with the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs; network with other veterans; and obtain booklets, pamphlets, and other materials about a wide range of Veterans benefits and issues.

Contact Us

View our Directory

Email: VeteransAffairs@BerkeleyCollege.edu

Call: 1-212-986-4343 ext. 4517

Veterans Affairs Work-Study Program

If you're a Berkeley College student, using the GI Bill®, and enrolled full-time or 3/4-time in a college degree program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.

Job Description

  • Assists with VA benefits. Facilitates the initial start-up process and distributes forms that a student must have to obtain benefits. Collects any additional material the student submits. Answers questions concerning any additional benefits that the student may receive.
  • Assists with VA policies and procedures. Informs students of any VA websites, important phone numbers, publications, etc.
  • Refers the students to different departments depending upon the question. If a student has questions or concerns pertaining to advisement or needs counseling, then the Work Study can refer the student accordingly.
  • Works with VA student's folders for filing and intake of any VA forms.
  • Works with VA students concerning campus policies and procedures. (For example locations of buildings, questions concerning courses, registration, advisement, etc.).
  • Assists in answering phone calls regarding VA questions.


Please send resume and VA Form 22-8691, https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-8691-ARE.pdf, https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-8691-ARE.pdf to Tami Pichardo, Senior Director, at TMM@BerkeleyCollege.edu. 

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

More news