Office of the President
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
As President of Berkeley College, I am pleased to introduce you to an institution focused on student success. With its strategic approach to career education, Berkeley College prepares students for outstanding achievement in the real world. In addition to academic preparation, each program offers practical experience through an integral internship or job-related assignment.
The College’s numerous locations and Berkeley College Online offer convenient and flexible learning options. Students can choose to study in New York at our Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn, or White Plains locations or in New Jersey at our Clifton, Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge, or Woodland Park locations.
Berkeley College offers a variety of programs to meet current business and professional market demands.
- The Larry L. Luing School of Business offers specialized programs in Management, International Business, Information Technology Management, Financial Services, Accounting, Marketing Communications, and Fashion Merchandising and Management.
- The School of Health Studies was created to provide outstanding career-focused education in some of today’s most in-demand healthcare professions—in clinical specializations, as well as healthcare administration and management. Degree and certificate programs have been carefully developed to meet the needs of this important field.
- The School of Professional Studies offers education and training to prepare students for careers in fields including Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, Graphic Design, and Interior Design.
- The School of Liberal Arts offers courses designed to encourage critical thinking, writing, reading, and interpretive skills with courses in humanities, mathematics/science, social sciences, English, and foreign languages.
- The School of Graduate Studies offers opportunities for advanced study. Building on Berkeley’s long tradition of successful business education, an initial M.B.A. program in Management will be offered beginning in fall 2015. Designed for working professionals, the program will draw upon students’ administrative experience to illustrate key business concepts.
- Berkeley College Online® transcends geographic boundaries while offering many of the benefits that on-campus students receive. Students benefit from frequent interaction with faculty, classmates, and academic advisors and have access to online clubs, tutoring, career services, online library resources, a virtual lab, and student development and campus life programs.
Berkeley College’s academic programs are led by supportive faculty chosen for academic excellence and relevant professional experience. Fifty-seven and three-tenths percent of our full-time faculty hold doctorates in their chosen fields, and many have held positions of influence in the corporate world.
Financing a college education is always a consideration. To help students meet their financial needs, Berkeley College provided more than $45 million in grants and scholarships in the 2013-14 award year. The College also offers a tuition freeze for students pursuing degree programs who meet continuous enrollment requirements.
As you explore your educational goals and set your personal course for career success, I invite you to consider the many advantages of a Berkeley College education.
Dario A. Cortes, Ph.D.
President, Berkeley College
Berkeley College | Site Map
Copyright © 2015 Berkeley College
Copyright © 2015 Berkeley College