Loan Information

You must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year listing Berkeley College’s school code in order to be awarded a federal Stafford Loan. You will receive an award letter from the College Financial Aid Office after your FAFSA has been processed. Check your award letter to make sure that a Stafford Loan has been awarded. If you have been awarded a Stafford Loan, you must complete a Stafford Loan Application and Loan Entrance Counseling. If you want to borrow a Stafford Loan but your award letter does not include one, or you did not receive an award letter, contact your Financial Aid Office for assistance.

Berkeley College participates in the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program. Eligible students and their parents borrow Stafford and/or PLUS loans directly from the U.S. Department of Education, and repay their loans directly to the U.S. Department of Education.

Instructions for Completing the Stafford Loan Application and Loan Entrance Counseling

Complete your entrance counseling and loan application (MPN) by logging onto and sign in using your PIN.

Complete your loan exit counseling by logging onto and sign in using your PIN.