Berkeley College Online Fast Facts
Berkeley College Online®
One of the first college or university online programs worldwide to be certified for excellence by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) has awarded USDLA/Quality Standards certification to Berkeley College Online.
As the first and only online program in New York and New Jersey to achieve this status, USDLA/QS certification places Berkeley College Online among an elite group of institutions recognized for excellence in distance learning. Institutions that receive USDLA/QS certification have been evaluated using 124 standards, organized into the following areas:
- Administration, leadership, and management
- Student affairs
- Teaching and learning
- Learning infrastructure
Berkeley College Online is proud to have achieved USDLA/QS certification and remains committed to providing outstanding career-focused distance learning.
• Berkeley College first began offering accredited online degrees in 2003; there were 49 students enrolled then. Fall 2018 undergraduate enrollment is 1,284 students (19%).
• Berkeley College first began offering accredited online MBA program in 2016. Fall 2018 enrollment is 104 students.
• 3,093 undergraduate students (45%) are enrolled in at least one online class in Fall 2018. One hundred thirty-seven (95%) graduate students are enrolled in at least one online class in Fall 2018.
• The Online Faculty Training Program, a robust 48-hour workshop, was developed for faculty who endeavor to teach online. An online course, Road to Success in Online Learning, paves the way for success for students prior to taking online classes.
• Number of online courses at Berkeley College in 2007 – 50; in 2018 – 201
o Undergraduate: 178 undergraduate courses, more than 387 sections, with 174 faculty teaching online courses.
o Graduate: 23 graduate courses (includes 6 Foundation courses) with 14 faculty teaching online courses.
• At Berkeley College Online students have access to the same support services as students who attend on site, i.e., Advisement, Library, Center for Academic Success, and Career Services.
• Online campus life experiences include online clubs, social media engagement, wellness and personal development programs, and workshops focusing on student success.
• Berkeley College Online attracts a diverse student body comprised of working parents, grandparents, young adults managing work and studies, and those actively serving in the military.
• 38% of undergraduate students are ages 23 to 29; 32% are 30 to 39 years of age; and 17% are age 40 and older. 34% of graduate students are ages 23 to 29; 35% are 30 to 39 years of age; and 27% are age 40 and older.
• 62% of Berkeley College Online undergraduate students are enrolled full-time. 92% of Berkeley College Online graduate students are enrolled part-time.
• 66% are pursuing Baccalaureate degrees.
• 80% of Berkeley College Online undergraduate students are female. 73% of Berkeley College Online graduate students are female.
• Fall 2018 top Berkeley College Online programs by enrollment:
o Bachelor's Degree programs: Management, Health Services Management, Justice Studies – Criminal Justice, Fashion Merchandising and Management, followed by Accounting and Legal Studies.
o Associate's Degree programs: Management; Health Services Administration; Health Services Administration – Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding; Justice Studies – Criminal Justice; Accounting; and Fashion Merchandising and Management; followed by Information Technology Management and Legal Studies.