Berkeley Today Stories

Photo of Adam Karriem at the Berkeley College Commencement ceremony
May 6, 2020
As the fourteenth of sixteen children in his family, college wasn’t immediately in the plans for Adam Karriem. In fact, he was 32 before he even began and eventually became the first of his siblings to earn a degree. “I was skeptical about returning to school after being out for so long, he remembered. “But I was always good with computers and looked into Berkeley while I was exploring colleges. I visited the New York City campus and immediately felt very comfortable. Everyone was down-to-earth—very friendly and welcoming. They answered all my questions and I loved the fact that the classes were small.”
Female student in cap and down at Commencement waving
December 27, 2019
Berkeley College (NY) ranked first in its category and number 21 among colleges across the nation in the Overall Mobility Index published by The New York Times in 2017. The Overall Mobility represents the likelihood that a student moved up significantly in income category.
Group of Berkeley staff and students with players from the NY Jets in front of Food Bank of NY truck
November 27, 2019
Giving back to the communities it serves has always been a tradition at Berkeley College, where students learn about social responsibility in conjunction with their career-focused education.